How do you balance school, work, friends, and family?

I started working a couple months ago and I'm having a hard time doing everything. I feel like days need to have more hours and months to have more days. #school #motivation

4

Chhavi’s Answer

this can be hard especially in the beginning as one is excited about work, the initial months have a learning curve as well and a majority of your time is now spent " working" actively.

Few things I find helpful.
1. Understand what motivates you at work and outside of work and to make sure you make time for both.
2. Compartmentalize - not bringing work home and leaving personal stuff behind while at work is often is very effective/efficient and productive.
3. Make a list of things that one needs to do (again, work and non work related) , ideally spend a few minutes in the morning, or evening to plan the upcoming day and park things for other days of week/weekend

0

Junnie’s Answer

Hi Sujeong, I can understand to balance school, work, friends and family can be challenging, especially you need to work to survive at the same time keep your grades up at school. My dad used to tell me, in different stages of our life, different things play a major role in our life, if schooling and working is the main focus at this stage of your life, spending less time with your friends will have to be sacrificed. Spend quality time with your family once a week, even it’s just an hour. Send text messages to your friends and family wishing them a wonderful day, let them know that you are thinking of them.

0

Chhavi’s Answer

Few things I find helpful.

0

Gwen Hardin,’s Answer

Hi Seujong,

Work, school and life balance can be difficult but not impossible. Always keep self-care in mind order to not burn out on all your responsibilities. In order to do that, take time to take care of your health and exercise and/or meditate regularly. Gain support from you family and friends and let them know that school and work need your time and attention for now and let them know you are not purposefully neglecting them. Create a schedule so you are able to see ahead of time when you have open pockets of time to spend with them and time for yourself as well. Creating a little structure and carving out space for yourself will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.

0