What are some sponsoring organizations for female MBA candidates who are U.S. citizens?

Asked Skokie, Illinois

I am looking to partner with a company or companies who are willing to provide full or partial sponsorship for my MBA program. #mba #sponsorship #women #scholarship

Darrell’s Answer

Updated Boston, Massachusetts

Hi - I would highly recommend finding an employer that will reimburse your MBA expenses.  I did that several years ago and found the experience challenging but very rewarding.  You'd need to be prepared for potentially long days at work followed by school at night.  Adding in the homework and group projects you'd also need to dedicate most of your weekend.  I recommend trying to complete the MBA program as quickly as possible so you're immersed in the program and get into a routine.  It will be worth it and should take about 2 or 2 1/2 years to complete.  One additional tip - if you can attend the 'executive' MBA part-time program at some point (I did mine at Suffolk University) there are added benefits, like your books are considered part of tuition, which means your company will reimburse you for that too.   Don't be intimidated by 'executive' - it usually means you have work experience and are currently working.  Hope this helps!

Carolyn’s Answer

Updated Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Hi Amanda,

Sponsorships are hard to come by, but another great option may be scholarships. GoGrad.com (or similar platforms) will help you narrow down you search and target specific scholarship opportunities.

If you are already in an MBA program or still enrolled in an undergraduate program, another option may be to talk to your academic or financial adivisors in your school. They should have a more robust list of scholarship opporunties, deadlines to apply, etc.  

Lastly, if scholarships are not an option, many companies are willing to "sponsor" you or pay some or most of your graduate degree. However, you must be an employee of that firm. When searching companies that are willing to pay for some or all of tution, you will want to look for the terms " tuition assistance" or "tuition reimbursement" programs. Many large firms offer tuition assistance as a benefit perk to employees.

Best,

Carolyn

Lisa’s Answer

Updated Hartford, Connecticut

Apply to your local chapter of AAUW for a grant.