What company is doing remotely work?
I'm a college student and I work in school, even though they don't pay me that good. It enough to buy some snacks and it helps me pay some part of my tuition. Since my University shutdown and we're doing online classes, I can't afford to pay the rest of my fall semester class. I'm looking for a job, that will be remotely or anything I can do to pay my school fees.
#COVID19 #college #money #financial-planning #JOB #HELP #FOOD #REMOTELY #WORK #STUDENT #TUITION #technology #scholarship
I hope at least one of these sites will have an opportunity for you, best of luck.
I know the company I work for, Quicken Loans, is training and working remotely: https://www.myrocketcareer.com/
Here is a list of other companies I found online as well: https://www.themuse.com/advice/companies-hiring-during-coronavirus-covid-19
You can also find a lot of jobs right now for many of the things said above.
- Grocery stores (Kroger, Walmart, etc.)
- Delivery services (DoorDash, GrubHub, UberEats, Shipt, Instacart, etc.)
- Shipping services (UPS, Amazon, etc.)
- Health care/Health retail (CVS, Walgreen's, etc.)
- Convenience/Retail sores (7 Eleven, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc.)
I would also ask around to families you know who may need services like daycare/babysitting, lawn care, and so on.
Here are some freelance job opportunities that could be explored:
1. TranscribeMe (Transcription, Translation, Annotation, etc.]) - https://workhub.transcribeme.com/Account/Register
2. Freelance Editor at PaperTrue - https://blog.papertrue.com/hiring-freelance-editors/?_ga=2.103495360.1919610458.1637679794-1277255074.1637679793
3. CACTUS (Academic Editing, Translation, etc.) - https://jobs.cactusglobal.com/jobs
4. Rev Freelance Jobs (Transcriptionist/Captioner) - https://www.rev.com/freelancers
5. DataForce Community - https://www.transperfect.com/dataforce/community
6. Smartling Translator - https://www.smartling.com/translator_information/
7. Chegg Subject Matter Expert - https://www.cheggindia.com/qa-experts/sign-up/
8. Appen Part-time Jobs - https://appen.com/join-our-crowd/part_time
Hope this helps.
Angela D.’s Answer
I wish you the best in your endeavors, Dr. B
Angela D. recommends the following next steps:
I am sure as a college student it must be difficult. I would suggest looking for jobs that are in high demand at the moment. Yes, there is a high need in grocery stores, delivery companies (Amazon, Door Dash, PostMates) and fast-food restaurants.
I have attached a few links that could potentially help you find a job at the moment. Good luck! :)
Erik recommends the following next steps:
Based on your previous questions, I assume that you're actual an IT student, so it would also make sense to start working in this kind of business.
Besides a standard "research" and checking job boards, I would recommend to check lists of companies awarded as best place to work, as usually they have lots of benefits such as remote work and offer different entry positions and internships.
Jane recommends the following next steps:
Deborah (Dee)’s Answer
My company is doin remote work from home-I know that many of our assorted are currently placed at home and taking different roles. Also, for the summer internship my company is offering work from home to follow with execute orders and carrying for the safety of our associates.
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, your hours of availability and all depends on the flexibility.
I do recommend that since you are currently in school,that you practice remote/virtual tutoring and make additional funds this way. I know many students, teachers in all teaching background are supporting different age groups in different subject matters online and are very successful since this is the new norm.
I would recommend that you post an ad online, in your building, neighborhood, ets-ask your friends to share your expertise and see how it goes.
Also, do some virtual career opportunities and check out some companies and reach out to the,. You can also reach out to your community leaders and share your expertise and as they have many community involvements they perhaps could be interested in supporting you as well.
Hope this helps
All Tech companies are doing remote work. The company I work for implemented remote working since 10 years ago! So the "new normal" is not a big change for us.