What company is doing remotely work?

18

I'm a college student and I work in school, even though they don't pay me that good. It enough to buy some snacks and it helps me pay some part of my tuition. Since my University shutdown and we're doing online classes, I can't afford to pay the rest of my fall semester class. I'm looking for a job, that will be remotely or anything I can do to pay my school fees.
#covid19 #college #money #financial-planning #job #help #food #remotely #work #student #tuition #technology #scholarship

18

Cheryl’s Answer

3
Here are a few websites that may have some entry level work from home information.
www.liveops.com
www.amazon.jobs/en
www.teleperformance.com/en-us/work-with-us/
www.ibm.com/employment
I hope at least one of these sites will have an opportunity for you, best of luck.
Thank you so much. I'll look into it. Nancy O. Translate
3

Kayla’s Answer

2
Hi Nancy!

I know the company I work for, Quicken Loans, is training and working remotely: https://www.myrocketcareer.com/
Here is a list of other companies I found online as well: https://www.themuse.com/advice/companies-hiring-during-coronavirus-covid-19

You can also find a lot of jobs right now for many of the things said above.

- Grocery stores (Kroger, Walmart, etc.)
- Delivery services (DoorDash, GrubHub, UberEats, Shipt, Instacart, etc.)
- Shipping services (UPS, Amazon, etc.)
- Health care/Health retail (CVS, Walgreen's, etc.)
- Convenience/Retail sores (7 Eleven, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc.)

I would also ask around to families you know who may need services like daycare/babysitting, lawn care, and so on.
Thank You so Much. I'll look into them. Nancy O. Translate
2

Nadia’s Answer

2
The short answer is that all companies based on IT/from the IT industry are more likely to offer remote work.
Based on your previous questions, I assume that you're actual an IT student, so it would also make sense to start working in this kind of business.
Besides a standard "research" and checking job boards, I would recommend to check lists of companies awarded as best place to work, as usually they have lots of benefits such as remote work and offer different entry positions and internships.
Thank you so Much. Can you please provide me with a website/links. Nancy O. Translate
Based on my experience, I can definitely recommend Cisco as a company that promotes and offers remote work and is a great place to start your career in IT. https://www.greatplacetowork.com, from the drop-down menu ("Lists") you can choose the general list, but I would focus on the one that is called "for Millennials" or "Women". Alternatively: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2020/01/14/work-from-home-2020-the-top-100-companies-for-remote-jobs/#65d1bf354196 and the bottom table. Nadia G Translate
How do I sign up/login to it? certification login? Nancy O. Translate
You don't have to log in, just click on the chosen list from the main menu on the top of the page and you should have it displayed. All companies have their industry listed right below their name, for example: Cisco - Information Technology. You can review company's profile and if you think it's something interesting, simply search in your browser their career page by using key-words such as "(company name) jobs/career". Nadia G Translate
2

Jane’s Answer

2
It seems that working remotely, via computer at home, is available only for already established employees. Perhaps I'm wrong. Local grocery stores seem to be taking on new hires, and they are probably willing to work around school hours once the shutdown is over and you are able to return to the University.

Jane recommends the following next steps:

• See if a grocery store near you needs help.
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Nancy O. Translate
Linkedin has a step-by-step guide to find Work -from -Home jobs. Do you have an account with Linkedin? Jane Hernandez Translate
yes. I have a Linkedin account. Nancy O. Translate
2

1
Currently at this time Verizon is allowing some of its employees to work remotely where possible. Not sure after all this is done if they will be doing more of this or not. Would not hurt to place a resume and explore all your options.
thank you. Nancy O. Translate
1

Erik’s Answer

1
Adecco is one of the nation's largest temp agencies. Adecco is hired by employers to help fill positions that can either be temporary or even full time. Temp positions can sometimes lead into more permanent roles. I'd reach out to them and forward them your resume. They would know more about work at home opportunities. https://www.adeccousa.com/

Erik recommends the following next steps:

• https://www.adeccousa.com/
1

Veronica’s Answer

1
Hi Nancy,

I am sure as a college student it must be difficult. I would suggest looking for jobs that are in high demand at the moment. Yes, there is a high need in grocery stores, delivery companies (Amazon, Door Dash, PostMates) and fast-food restaurants.

I have attached a few links that could potentially help you find a job at the moment. Good luck! :)

Links:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90492828/these-7-exceptional-apps-will-optimize-your-work-from-home-lifehttps://www.glassdoor.com/blog/companies-hiring-to-address-covid-19/
1

Angela D.’s Answer

1
Hi there! First off, I would suggest reaching out to your university to see if they have a remote job board, placement opportunities, at-home work study, or other suggestions. They may also have tuition payment plans, deferrals, or other arrangements that can be made given the current climate and uncertain future. Check out the FlexJobs website, among similar others (Ziprecruiter, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.), for possible remote work and "safer" in-person opportunities such as delivery, grocery store stocking, personal shopper, etc. The jobs section of your local newspaper(s) may also be helpful and are usually searchable online. You may be particularly interested in online customer service or tutoring, which are in relatively high demand right now. Both will require a computer/laptop, audio/video capabilities, a printer/scanner, and high speed internet. A headset may be recommended. Also, try networking with friends, family, and communities for potential employment.
I wish you the best in your endeavors, Dr. B

Angela D. recommends the following next steps:

• Contact university
  • Website job searching - FlexJobs, Ziprecruiter, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc. + local newspaper(s)
  • Network
Thank You So Much. I will look into them. Nancy O. Translate
1

Dennis’s Answer

0
Look on linkedin, that would be a great place to start. There's a lot of internship opportunities, although unfortunately it may be a little late to get engaged for this summer. I've found linked in, though, very helpful at bringing together students, hiring companies, and social networking to get your name out there. Good luck!
0

Cristina’s Answer

0
You may try as Freelancer work online , if you are interested you can go to

apply.workable.com
drive.google.com

#workfromhome
#vitualjobs
#onlinejobs
Hey Christina, did you mean to put the google drive link? I don't know if Google Drive would help the student Gurpreet Lally Translate
0

Qing’s Answer

0
IBM, Cisco, Walmart, Geortek
0

Katya’s Answer

0
Hi Nancy, I’m sorry to hear that you are having some difficult times due to COVID-19.

My company is doin remote work from home-I know that many of our assorted are currently placed at home and taking different roles. Also, for the summer internship my company is offering work from home to follow with execute orders and carrying for the safety of our associates.

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, your hours of availability and all depends on the flexibility.

I do recommend that since you are currently in school,that you practice remote/virtual tutoring and make additional funds this way. I know many students, teachers in all teaching background are supporting different age groups in different subject matters online and are very successful since this is the new norm.

I would recommend that you post an ad online, in your building, neighborhood, ets-ask your friends to share your expertise and see how it goes.

Also, do some virtual career opportunities and check out some companies and reach out to the,. You can also reach out to your community leaders and share your expertise and as they have many community involvements they perhaps could be interested in supporting you as well.

Hope this helps
0