Thank you for your question and I am glad you used the word “values” in your question.
Many companies (if not most companies) operate utilizing a set of "values" to direct decision making at all levels of the organization.
These company "values" are also used as a guide in determining employees we hire. My company is looking for employees that care, have humility, are inclusive, curious, accountable, and “do the right thing.”
- Our values drive company decisions. For example at my company, we have six (6) values:
- We are caring: Everything we do is in service to our customers, to the community and to each other.
- We have humility: While we have much to offer, we listen and continue to learn.
- We are inclusive: We want everyone to feel valued and respected as an individual.
- We are curious: T his behavior is at the heart of excellence and innovation.
- We are accountable: Accountability is the behavior behind our value "we keep our commitments."
- We do the right thing: Our trusted, respected brand remains strong, based on the foundation of more than 100 years of caring service to our customers.