What is the best way to become a pharmacy technician? (courses and programs to take, etc.)

I want to know if there are ant specific programs or courses to take if your trying to become a pharmacy technician. how many years of education do you need. #pharmacy #pharmacist #technician #pharmacy-technician

6

Years, none. You can go through a tech program in under 30-60 days just to pass your exams. Experience and on the job training will be the rest of the time your are employed. Which is also variable, community pharmacy, mail order, hospital, radiation labs, nuclear medicine, and call or customer service for the chain pharmacies.

Good luck.

2

Megan’s Answer

As stated by other answers, there are always classes available to prepare you for becoming a Pharmacy Tech, however there are other avenues as well if formal classes aren't an option though it may take a little longer! While I was in college I took a retail pharmacy job at RiteAid--from there I spent 2 years soaking up all the on-the-job training I could; at that point I was eligible to take the PTCE (pharmacy tech certification exam), the exam that awards you your official pharmacy tech licensure. Each state may be different, but if this is something you are definitely interested in pursuing, my best advice is to go around to local community pharmacies and just talk to the Pharmacists and techs there. They're a wealth of information and they may be able to point you in the right direction!

1

Allen’s Answer

I'm a pharmacist who teaches a pharmacy technician course at a community college near Chicago, IL. Our course takes a semester and is designed to prepare students to work in different pharmacy practices. The course is intense and requires a great bit of study. I also aim to provide enough information for my students to pass the national board exam required by the State of Illinois.

Pharmacists rely on their highly trained technicians, as do our patients.
Best of luck, and let me know your decision.

Allen Graber, BSPharm, MPH

1

Ken’s Answer

Here is a web site relating to pharmacy tech:
study.com/articles/How_to_Become_a_Pharmacy_Technician.html

Here is a web site relating to pharmacist:
study.com/articles/Pharmacist_Educational_Requirements_and_Career_Summary.html

Send thank you notes to those who help you.

Good Luck! Keep me posted. I would like to help more if i can.

0

Vineeth’s Answer

Pharmacies are popping up in nearly every corner of the retail market and they all need techs to handle inventories, assist the pharmacist, help customers and perform special work such as compounding medications for patients with very specific medication needs. Here's how to become a pharmacy tech. Pharmacy technicians act as a liaison between the pharmacist and the customer. They provide customer service to patients and relay patient needs to the pharmacists. Techs also maintain the inventory, compound medicines and even stock machines. The specific duties of a tech will vary depending on which environment they are working in.

Steps to Become a Pharmacy Tech
* Have a genuine interest in pharmaceuticals and the medicines that facilitate health and recovery from illness.
* Find the best, accredited, program in which to learn pharmacy tech.
* Successfully complete either the certificate program or degree.
* Complete an externship to gain experience in a real-world pharmacy.
* Develop the instincts needed to succeed as a professional.

Approved pharmacy technician courses :
https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/education/pharmacy-technician/accredited-courses

All the Best. Hope it Helps

0