What is the hardest part about the nursing program?

Asked Monticello, Minnesota

Jeanine’s Answer

Updated Tampa, Florida

Hi, nursing is a very competitive program. Having said that, it really depends on whether you are looking into LPN or RN. LPN’s are the nurses you will find in nursing homes and ALF’s. For LPN you would go to a practical training school for and the program is about a year long.

RN’s the best way to get your RN is to achieve your A.S. From a community college and than apply to nursing programs.

The answer to your question is a bit complex because everyone is different. For me, when I was doing my prerequisites such as Anatomy 1 and 2 and Microbiology those were the toughest. What I can say is that once you learn how the body functions and everything begins to click, it becomes much easier. What I recommend you do is take advantage of tutoring, don’t be afraid to ask for help when needed. Study groups are so helpful, and don’t take any other challenging classes like math when taking Anatomy philosophy. Good luck and remember you can you anything you put your mind to. Things are only as hard as we make them.