1. Know you niche: You want to get in residential (subdivision development (SFH/Townhomes), condo buildings or one-off SFH units) or Commercial (Multifamily, Malls, Professional Buildings)
2. Find the site
3. Know the process
4. Make network with Contractors, Architects, Engineers
3. Find the investors for equity investment or bankers for debt. Find partners if you have not established credit.
4. Create your proforma and business plan
5. Pitch the plan to your investors and debtors
Close the deal
6. Put a contract on the site with contingency to close based on cleared permits to construct.
7. Work on permits. You will need contractor who can obtain permits for you. Work on plan, selections, finishes.
8. Close the deal after you obtain permits
9. Initiate construction by closing deal with contractors
10. Monitor the project (Hire a PM)
11. Find the broker to list the project
12. Close the deal
13. Pay the debt or equity share
14. Enjoy the profits