What values does companies look for in a person they are hiring

Asked Pine Knot, Kentucky

Audra’s Answer

Based on my experience working with employers for securing internships and jobs for students at Quinnipiac University, companies are looking for candidates who are curious, ambitious/hardworking, collaborative and kind. In my own work experience, I have found success from being a quick, enthusiastic learner, an innovator and an exceptional team player. In addition to my collaborating skills, I excel at working independently with minimal supervision, and employers need to know you can do both well. Also, possess an open and positive mindset and be adaptable to change. For more ideas on how to be successful in most companies, you could reach out to your target companies and ask employees or former employees or read reviews of the company online .

Connor’s Answer

Updated Montpelier, Vermont

Teamplayer, hardworking, and coachable. The best advice I ever received during the recruiting process was simple: your interviewer is trying to figure out if you are someone they would like to work with and spend most of their time around. It sounds obvious, but it is the most important aspect. Showcasing these values is one way to succeed in this aspect.

Kayla’s Answer

Updated Cambridge, Massachusetts

Companies are looking for a person who is hard working, willing to learn, and has a good personality. Some great advice I once got was that grades are not always the best thing to focus on, that working hard is more important than always knowing the answer. If you are able to search for answers and work with a team to figure out solutions to your problems, then that will get you further!

Raina’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

A better way to frame the question-what do companies (interviewer) look at while hiring

1. You should be able to prove/tell them that you have the willingness to learn
  2. That you will be proactive
  3. Although you have no experience the field , your resume should speak out that you have gone out of your way to obtain knowledge in that field
  4. You should be a good team player
  5. You can also mention specific programs/initiative or products you like about the program. Also if you have researched about the company and in specific the role you are applying to that will showcase your passion.