What is a good career a person can get if they have a low GPA but still want to be in a medical field?

5

Lecia’s Answer

try to bring GPA up and work with tutor in local community colleges if you need to bring it up to qualify for a particular program. the military is a great option if you are driven to work hard and take classes to advance a healthcare area of interest. advanced degrees require bringing that GPA up and it can be done with proper preparation and study. best of success to you

0

Hwal’s Answer

Emily,

It looks like you're interested in a career in healthcare. I feel that one thing you can try is to think about what healthcare (or any other) career choices you would like and what you truly want to do in the future, and figure out the best way for you to get there. At that point, you can look at some of the training programs for your chosen career and find out the requirements for entry, including GPA. In other words, build and improve your GPA around your dream career, instead of build your career around the GPA you currently have. I hope this makes sense.

Hwal

Hwal recommends the following next steps:

Think about your dream career. Write down ideas. You might want to talk to a school/career counsellor to help you with this process.
Saved!

0

Ryan’s Answer

Good morning Emily! To answer this question I would have to ask you a thought provoking question. Why do you have a low GPA? I am a big believer that if you put your mind to something you will be able to achieve it. It will take a lot of hard work but ultimately what you will find is that your GPA is a means to an end . If you have a great GPA you will have more options for college and medical schools compared to a lower GPA. However, just because you have a low GPA doesn't mean you can't work harder to improve it and move in a positive direction toward the career you want.

0

My sons became EMT certified this summer. It took about 12 hours per week for 10 weeks. They had to do four 12-hours shifts of clinical observation as well.

0

Estelle’s Answer

You might look into becoming an EMT.

0