What is the most fun part about your job?

Asked San Gabriel, California

Joseph’s Answer

Updated Highland Village, TX

I love my job. I love what I do. What makes it fun is my attitude towards the tasks at hand. My favorite aspect is creating things that didn’t exist. Typically it’s a new report or a new way to look at something. It requires an open mind and a lot listening.

Desiree’s Answer

Updated Portland, Oregon

I love being able to see a project from inception to completion. There's a lot of satisfaction in seeing a team work together and create an amazing product!

I've worked in information technology, site reliability, and software engineering as a program manager. All of these areas have interesting problems to solve.

Are there activities or studies that you do now that you find fun? It's likely that those skills or activities may apply to a future career.

Desiree recommends the following next steps:

• Think about the activities you find fun now and how they could relate to a career

Mihir’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In each career path, there will be routine work and innovation roles. In my personal experience, if you are good at completing the everyday job sooner than the average employee, you will have a lot of time to focus on the innovative side of things which brings a lot of joy and makes your job fun. Your job is as interesting as you make it to be.

Harkamal’s Answer

I love the fact that I get to work with amazing individuals from different backgrounds all over the world and get to learn from them .

Julieta’s Answer

Updated Mexico City, Mexico

The fun part is working with others, when you and your team have a positive, creative attitude and willing to help, learn and improve, the work is always fun. When I execute maintenance windows with my team, all crammed into a meeting room for 8 to 12 hours, I'm glad to say that is always fun. Another fun part is working or training abroad, knowing new places and meeting people from other cultures. Big advice: the job itself should be fun for you, because if you love what you do, it's never like going to work.

Robbie’s Answer

Updated Beaverton, Oregon

Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is how challenging it can be. I'm the type of person that needs to be challenged or at least learn something new everyday. I have had jobs in the past that have been very monotonous or very routine and at the end of the day I didn't feel like I had accomplished anything, learned anything or contributed anything. I have been in the information security industry for over ten years and I've loved every minute of it. In the information security industry, we have a seemingly never ending list of challenges to face and problems to solve. This is what drives me. This is what i find most appealing about the industry I work in. This is what i truly consider to be the most fun part of my job.

Ted’s Answer

Updated Portland, Oregon

I've been working as a Product Manager for software companies for almost 30 years. The best part of my job is understanding the jobs customers do (what does their work day look like? how does their company make money?), discovering interesting problems they have that we can solve through software solutions, working with experience designers to come up with solutions, working with engineering teams to build the solution and then vetting the solution with those customers, discovering improvements and repeating the process. Discovering, building and delivering software solutions that make my customers successful in their jobs is tremendously fun to me.

Ted recommends the following next steps:

• Check out jobs in Product management
  • Talk to someone who is working as a product manager

Updated Bowie, Maryland

Bouncing ideas off of other people and hearing other peoples ideas really opens you up to think differently.

Kayla’s Answer

The most fun part about my job is that I work in a young company and am able to make a lot of friends! We have a bunch of social events and travel opportunities throughout the year so being able to do that with people you like and relate to is really exciting and gives you something to look forward to during those days when work itself can be a little boring.

Christopher’s Answer

Updated Dallas, Texas

Working and collaborating with others to mitigate risk to the American Taxpayer.

Lucy’s Answer

Updated Bedford, Texas

Facing different challenges everyday and being able to figure them out.