For individual tournaments:
- Olympics - once every 4 years,
- Dubai Super Series Masters Final - once every year in the end of the year, where only 8 of the strongest players that year competing. This is the most competitive badminton competition to qualify to and win.
- World Championship and All England - these two are on similar prestige and difficulty level.
Below these four, the ordering in terms of difficulty / prestige:
- Premier Super Series tournaments: China, Denmark, Indonesia, Malaysia Open
- Super Series tournaments
- Grand Prix Gold tournaments
- Grand Prix tournaments
- International Series
There are non-BWF tournaments like PBL in India, CBSL in China, but these still tend to be more local in prestige.
For team events, Olympics and Thomas / Uber Cup are also quite high-prestige.