I am in the 11th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career , what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests ?

11

At school , I am most interested in helping others and socializing , while my hobbies include participating in new activities , and learning new aspects in life . A topic that I am passionate about is learning about others . What are some career options that best align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can do in the near future? #career #career-counseling #career-choice

11

Karen’s Answer

0

Wonderful that you are thinking about your future and fantastic that you want to help others. I'd suggest begin volunteering at various places to get exposure to many different options. For example, you could serve meals to the homeless, offer to read at a school for minorities, assist immigrants at an adult basic education program or help at a nonprofit event. There are endless possibilities if you search for them.

You may then decide on a career in the nonprofit world, social work or even a business setting allows you to help others. The more variety of volunteer experiences you have, the better your resume will appear and perhaps open up some new areas you may not have considered.

With every good wish!

0

Lauren’s Answer

0
Hi Julissa! That's awesome. You sound like I did in 11th grade. I loved learning, getting to know people, helping, etc. I studied psychology in college and went on to be in a Masters program to become a counselor because it seemed like the perfect fit. I ended up working in corporate social responsibility, where I help employees I work with find organizations they are passionate about where they can volunteer!
0

Navya’s Answer

0

Hi Julissa,

Apart from entering counselling field (any kind including career counselling, life counselling, relationship counselling) as suggested, if you plan to enter the IT corporate world you can look into the HR departments of any company. They will involve managing and organising events for the company and you get to interact with different type of employees.

Also, you can consider a line of work that mainly focuses on event management (conferences, ceremonies, weddings, formal parties, concerts, or conventions). This gives you an opportunity to interact and observe with people from different walks of life.

0

Beth’s Answer

0

Base on your interests, I recommend you look into recruiting. In my 34-year career as a Recruiter, I have interviewed thousands of people. Each person has had something to offer that is interesting and unique to them. I have employed some of these people. I have become friends with some of these people. I have offered advice to some of these people. Every day is different and never boring. For me, time flies when I am interviewing people to find out what they want to do in their career and figuring out if my company can offer them something in alignment with their goals.

Beth recommends the following next steps:

• Research Human Resource programs at schools of interested.
  • Write for your school paper or blog. Writing typically involves interviewing people, asking questions, getting the answers down to convey them to someone else. I started out writing in high school - and I ask, write, convey every day as a Recruiter.
  • Have a trusted adult in your life introduce you to a Recruiter their company. Then interview the Recruiter to find out what they do, how they got into it, and if they like what they do - and why!
0

Gabriel’s Answer

0

Since you are interested in helping others and learning about them, then i would suggest taking up a career in consoling

0

Alexandra’s Answer

0

. What type of activities do you like most and what type of content do you like to learn?

0