What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry?

5

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am a Glen Rose HS students, I am 17 years old and a junior.
My strengths are being a good communicator, organizing and cleaning. I am interested in the fashion industry. In my spare time I like to organize. What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry? #fashion-design #fashion #career #design

5

Mauricio’s Answer

0
Hey Jennifer,

Truthfully in the fashion field it stems on who you know. My best advice is to find someone already in the field whether it be a shop owner who is involved within the industry and simply as to be an intern for them. Also, make sure you are researching events that maybe happening in your area, whether it be a fashion show or networking event. This will be key in growing the number of individuals you will know in different fields as you begin your journey of life because you may not know who they know. Use LinkedIn and do a ton of extra volunteer work to build your resume and always remember to work hard! Wish you nothing but the best and hope this was some helpful advice.
0

Mindy’s Answer

0

Hi Jennifer! I've worked in a few accessory companies in the past in NYC. Depending on what role you'd like to pursue in fashion that would help answer your question better. In general, I'd recommend to get familiar with fashion history and trends and also different unique subcultures. This can help build your overall knowledge of how fashion has grown as an industry. Another suggestion is to reach out to different people in fashion to get a better insight. This can easily be done via email or LinkedIn.

0

Addison’s Answer

0

Hey, Jennifer! The fashion and beauty industries are notoriously hard to break into. This said, something that was instrumental for me in getting into the beauty industry was a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard. It was hard work that pushed me ahead in my career and got me noticed by my boss. Further to this, I think with a positive attitude, anything is possible. Cheesy, I know, but positivity is contagious and can bring light to every work environment and show your teammates how excited you are to be there!

0

shweta’s Answer

0

Love for fashion.

0