If you could start all over, would you still become a social worker?

3
3

Nicole’s Answer

0

I love your question, and it is actually something I ask myself often. If I had it to do over again I would complete a dual masters, so I would complete my MSW but along with an MHP or JD. There is power in social work, but there is not a great deal of options that pay well. If you want to become a psychotherapist I would go to a counseling specific program, if you want to make macro level change you really need something in addition to an MSW. I hope this helps! Also keep in mind what kind of people you want to be your colleagues, this can really help give direction.

Nicole recommends the following next steps:

• Interview people in disciplines that might align well with an MSW.
0

Somraj’s Answer

0

The most important need prior to being a social worker is the intent to be of service to the community . Given an opportunity , i would like to start as a social worker . Its a great way to touch lives of many people who are less fortunate , in many cases does not have access to basic necessities of life .

Thanks and God bless.

0

Aimee’s Answer

0

Having a degree in Social Work has given me to opportunity to work as a professional in many different occupations. Over the course of 30+ years, i have worked with children, families, elderly, mental health and insurance. A social work degree has given me different levels of experience and I have held many different jobs, one leading into other and promoting myself with the experience i gain from each one. I would not have made another decision, a social work degree is a degree that will give you many opportunities; it is how you want to pursue your future and the use of the degree.   

0