What are some technology tools I should be familiar with?

4
4

Akash’s Answer

0

As the number of IT certifications and available software on the internet is always growing/changing it can often be confusing when you are first starting out. This is a perfectly normal reaction. I would suggest first picking an area of IT you want to focus on, for example software development, computer networking, cyber security etc. Once you have narrowed down the scope, you can look up beginner courses in the selected field which are available on websites like udemy, coursera etc. These platforms have a good offering of free beginner courses. The good part about following a structured curriculum is that you wont have to worry about looking up resources on multiple different websites. You will also receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course which you can add to your resume. I hope this information helps you. I wish you all the best in your career.

Best Regards,

Akash

0

Nicholas’s Answer

0

It all depends on what exactly your career goals, and intentions are. A thing to keep in mind when looking into the computer and technological career options is that they are changing on a daily basis! What companies look for is not only degree's but more so the certificaitons you hold, COMPTIA is one of the biggest well known certifiers, they have basic certificaitons from A+ (which is your standard computer in's and out's) all the way to cybersecurity certificaitons. You can also look into Cisco Certications, cisco is a company that creates a lot of different network equipment and their certifications keep you up to date and relevant not only on their products but other pretty common issues you may run into while diving into the cyber work force. I hope this helps and may be a starting point for now. Please feel free to reach out for more information.

It depends on which domain you are targeting, for software developer one should work on data structure, algorithms, system design problems. https://leetcode.com/ is a good place to go. Shruti Jauhari
0

Keith’s Answer

0

Hi Tobe,

There are a few ways to look at this based on where and what you you are wanting to do. I think there is a two-facet approach here where you go both wide and deep. I would suggest to any aspiring technologist that you look at gaining general knowledge and understanding in a broad range of technologies (e.g backend development, frontend development, database servers, server configuration, networking essentials, scalability strategies, security, etc.). At the same time, find a technology stack that interests you and got deep on it.

For new developers in the web space, I recommend looking at the Node.js ecosystem along with the frontend frameworks that exist there (e.g. ReactJS, Angular, Vue, etc.). This has some key advantages:

1. Reduces the number of languages you need to learn (Javascript on both the server side and client side)
  2. Helps develop an understanding of server configuration, security, network protocols, and routing
  3. It's VERY marketable right now

The downside is that Javascript is often considered a "baby" language by the more traditional OOP developers. It is really more about the language doesn't hold your hand and prevent you from making mistakes via IDE type checking and compile time error checking. However, it does allow you to start being productive and seeing immediate feedback without having to learn a love heavier computer science concepts.

0

Shruti’s Answer

0

Depends on which domain you are targeting, for software developer interview one should work on data structure, algorithms, system design problems.

https://leetcode.com/ is provides a good content for preparation

0