if you could do it all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself? if not, what would you changes?

7
7

Bethany’s Answer

1
I think this is a great question. I agree with much of what the previous replies have said. Hindsight is 2020, but you want to take something from every experience. I was a sales person and those skills have helped me better communicate with my peers and customers. I currently am in an analytic role where you can lose a personal touch. It is great to see how every choice has led me to where I am today. I can look back at the choices I have made to better make decisions for the future.
So, even if your path turns out to be one that fails or seems like the wrong one, there are always chances to learn and grow from every failure.
1

Kay’s Answer

1

Thanks for the great question.   Given what I know now, I may have chosen a different path for myself.  However, that self knowledge and interest in other things exists now only because of the path(es) I did take.     So, the answer I can give is take your path, with your best knowledge and opportunities in front of you at the moment, but remain curious and flexible about change as you'll find many interesting and ever changing opportunities in our fast paced, technology driven, global world. 

1

Gary (Dominic)’s Answer

1
Really great question. Looking at it now I would keep the career path that I have. Was it the path that I was really interested right out of High School, probably not? What I do recommend is to do your research, in a field you are interested in. Reach out to individuals that in the field, see what they like and dislike about their job. Don’t always focus on one career path, you never know what will come your way that will interest you.
1

Victoria’s Answer

1

Hindsight is 20/20 so it is easy to think I could/should have chosen a different path but I am who I am based on the path I took.  I do wish I had been more thorough in my research and used mentors at the beginning of my career so I had more visibility of all of the different choices and possibilities and more importantly, taken more risks and chances.  I was very opportunistic rather than thinking through choices.

Victoria recommends the following next steps:

• Get in touch with as many different people you know and ask them how they navigated through their careers.
1

Kiruthiga’s Answer

0

Every path and decisions I have taken in my life were chosen after a long time of considering both positive and negative outcomes of my passion towards it. After thinking of both “what if” and “what if not”, I encouraged myself to go towards the path of achieving my goals I have set for myself. Hence I would choose the same even if I were given a chance- even if it includes the failures and regrets I faced because that how we achieve, mature and grow.

0

Bethany’s Answer

0
0

Mark’s Answer

0

Yes - I would choose the same or similar path. My college degrees are in pharmacy and international business. I would not change these. There are personal factors that affect every career choice. I would reconsider how I decided on a career path option to take into account more of the personal side of the decision process. Sometimes the personal effects of a career decision will greatly influence the how you perform professionally and enjoy your profession.

Mark recommends the following next steps:

• Always keep in mind the personal ramifications of a career decision. Speak to people in your personal life about your career choices. The closer the person is to you the more important it is to do this.
0

Kay’s Answer

0

Thanks for the great question.    Given what I know now, I may have chosen a different path for myself.   However, that self knowledge and interest in other things exists now only because of the path(es) I did take.      So, the  answer I can give is take your path,  with your best knowledge and opportunities in front of you at  the moment, but remain curious and flexible about change as you'll find many interesting and ever changing opportunities in our fast paced, technology driven,  global world.

0