what type of languages/code do user interface developers use

4
4

Tony’s Answer

0
  • For windows specific applications: .NET, VB.NET and C#
  • For Mac specific applications: Objective C
  • For mobile apps: Objective-C, Swift, Java, C++
  • For just about anything else (e.g. Web Applications): Java, Python, Node.js, Javascript, or Ruby

There are lot of older applications out there written in languages like C, C++, PHP, etc. that developers are going to have to deal with too. We dont always get to write new things from scratch.

0

Justin’s Answer

0
While it's true that user interfaces can be (and have been) written in many languages, modern user interfaces are almost always written in javascript. Even mobile apps, which have historically been written in Java or ObjectiveC are moving to javascript using a framework called ReactNative.
If you're interested in user interfaces, I highly recommend learning these things (in roughly this order):
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. Javascript
4. React

It's worth keeping in mind: javascript has been the dominant UI language for some time, but React is pretty new to the scene. As such, I'd expect javascript to still the dominant UI language five to ten years from now, but it's very likely that there will be some hot new framework that's replaced React.

Justin recommends the following next steps:

• Learn HTML
  • Learn CSS
  • Learn javascript
  • Learn a javascript framework like React
0

Masen’s Answer

0
Hi Dayalis,

I agree with what others are saying here, but I think it's important to note that having a strong foundation in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript will be fundamentally important no matter what. I would suggest developing a strong sense of fundamental knowledge in these areas and then. you can move on to things like Swift. Sites like FreeCodeCamp and CodeAcademy can be great resources for gettings tarted. Good luck!
0

Scott’s Answer

0
C, C# and C++
Java
Swift for Mac OS
Are all good places to start.
0