Is the career path you took worth your time?

6
6

Erica’s Answer

0
It can be really difficult choosing a career, and many times people don’t pick the right one. It’s very normal for college student to change majors however, it is also beneficial to have an idea of what you want to have as a career. That’s why I personally believe that it is important to do as many internships, extra curricular activities and volunteers opportunities while you still can. This allows you get a glimpse of a variety of careers and maybe even help you recognize which you enjoy and don't. Nevertheless, choosing the right career path is important because not only is this something that you do as an adult but, it's also something that you should enjoy or at least not hate.
0

Theresa (Tisa)’s Answer

0
Hi Demetrius
That is a complicated question. My path was not a straight line from school to working in the field i studied.
I am not sure if this is what is driving your question, but data shows the majority of people (other than doctors and lawyers) dont work in the field that their degree is in.
The degree is still important. I was a late in life college student. I know i became a better professional after i complete my degree even though i had been in the same field for 15 years at that point.
The answer to your question depends first on whether you are excited about the work. If you truly love the work, then what you have to do to get to do the work is worth it, whether its education or on the job training.
I hope some of this helped.

Good Luck
0

Chris’s Answer

0

The career path that I chose was not a direct path, there was some trial and error along the way. To this point I can say yes it absolutely was worth my time. There are times where you will experience regret for a decision made along the way but what you learn from that can be almost as valuable to you. I decided to work first and am now enrolled at the local community college to enhance my skills and grow my career. It is okay not to know exactly what your path will be, just don't sit idle trying to make a decision.

I truly appreciate the honesty and originality of your answer thank you. Demetrius S.
Hope it helps you, since I have decided to attend the local community college it has given me opportunities to work with young students on group projects that seem to have similar things going on. Good luck in figuring it out! Chris Clark
0

Celeste’s Answer

0
Yes, I love my job and you should look into a career you love as well. We spend the majority of our adult lives at work. Do something you love and believe in.
0

Abdul’s Answer

0
The way i look at it, a job is something you do, but a career is something you become. Path to your career is not something you need to worry too much about while still in training or in school. What is important, is to have an idea of what you are good at and want to be great at. That requires some level of self understanding and due diligence. If you do what you are good and great at (assuming it is something that is generally preserved as productive for the society); then following that career path should naturally feel to worth the time and other resources.
0

Cheryl’s Answer

0
Good question! I have been fortunate to have the same career my whole working life.
First pick something you think will interest you not just now but well into the future.
Keep learning, keep studying, stay aware of whats out there and do something you enjoy
or if you don't enjoy it, that will make money so you can enjoy your life!
If you cannot decide pick 2 subjects that you are good at and see where that leads you.

Talk to as many people as you can so you can learn from their life experiences and make choices.

Good luck with your decision!
0