What degree should I choose to become a bank manager?

i have completed 2nd puc with commerce but do not know what degree I should pursue to become a bank manager in India. manager bank finance business business-development

8

shane’s Answer

Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. All three degrees can position you be considered for this type of role in a banking or a credit union organization.
0

Steve’s Answer

I would suggest a Finance/Accounting degree at a 2 year or 4 year college. Mix in other coursework/classes in psychology, marketing and management as those will be helpful to you as well. Check-in with the bank you are interested in working work in the future and see if they have an special requirements, then complete them.

Good luck on your Banking journey.
0

Simeon’s Answer

You are probably looking at a degree in finance or accounting. You can often major in one of those and minor in the other as part of a bachelors of business administration degree, but it will depend on the specific institution you attend.

When you are able to start working, see if you can get a job as a teller at a small bank or credit union. You will get much more practical experience at a smaller institution and might find some opportunities for yourself to move up. Either way, I would recommend making friends with your coworkers and keeping up with them. If you are looking to become a manager, the sooner you can start building friendships with people in the industry, the better. You'll likely need a degree in accounting or finance, but not necessarily. Keep networking with your fellow students throughout school and then try to land a good internship in banking and network there as well. It's not uncommon to get hired by a company that gave you an internship in the past, so try to keep that relationship going.

Great info but it doesn't directly answer the student's question. Is there a specific type of degree you would recommend for them to reach their goals? Gurpreet Lally, CareerVillage.org Team

0

Shay’s Answer

I would recommend something in finance, accounting, business, or economics if you want to be a bank manager. Keep in mind that you should still study what you're interested in, as a lot of jobs in professional world are completely unrelated to people's college degrees.
0

Shay’s Answer

0

Davide’s Answer

Hi Aishwarya,

I'd say Economics or Business are your best bet.

Davide
0

Steve’s Answer

Good luck on your Banking journey.
0

Theresa’s Answer

I would recommend Finance as a great place to start if you are interested in banking.
0

sushma’s Answer

you will need to have a degree and then there are bank exams IBPS PO which you have to take .
0

shivakesh’s Answer

you choose Bcom , BBM , BBA any of this courses since it will helpful for you understand job better .
0

Supreethkumar’s Answer

Any degree which involves management studies.

Can you give more details about which degrees involve management studies? Gurpreet Lally, CareerVillage.org Team

0

shane’s Answer

Business, Finance and Accounting are all beneficial majors to pursue to launch a career in banking that would lead to a management role.
0

shivakesh’s Answer

0