what does it take to become a medic in the navy

my name is Mackenzie im 16 and im really interested in going into the medic industry and #military #navy becoming a medic in the navy

4

Donna’s Answer

Your first step to joining the Navy is contacting a recruiter. He can speak with you and let you know all your options for becoming part of the Navy Medical Corps. There normally are some things that need done before joining and then after. The Navy should be able to offer you some financial packages for your schooling. You can then apply, complete schooling then start your career as a Navy Medic.

0

Rodney’s Answer

Hi Mackenzie,

I'm a Navy veteran and I can say that serving the country was one of my greatest honors. Your interest in becoming a Navy Hospital Corpsman (the official term) is one of most rewarding and respected fields in the service. Definitely reach out to a Navy recruiter for qualification details. In addition if you have solid aptitude in science and biology, you'll be a good fit. I've also included a link to the Navy website for more information about the field. Best wishes to you.

https://navy.com/careers/medical-support

0

Donna is correct that contacting a recruiter is a good first step in finding the current requirements to become a navy medic. I would also recommend reaching out to current Navy medics to ask them about their experience and advice (you can ask your recruiter for help on this as well, but I recommend doing some connections on your own too).

One note, make sure that no matter what the recruiter says, the contract you sign says everything. Once you sign a contract with the Navy, they only have to stick to what is in the contract. It's important to make sure the contract includes everything. This is not to say that the recruiter will necessarily be looking to trick you, it's just better safe than sorry.

0

Garland’s Answer

Talk to the recruiter and tell them you want to do. In the Navy it's called a hospital corpsman. You can be assigned to a navy hospital, ship it to a marine. Basically you will be close to a nurse.

0