Should I take anatomy in college to prepare for med school?

6
6

Jemima A.’s Answer

2
Yes. Since anatomy deals with the structure of the body..It is obviously a basic foundation of Medicine and other Medical disciplines like nursing, medical laboratory science, radiography etc.
Sound knowledge of anatomy will make training at medical school easy for you..
2

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Jeff,

I believe that anatomy is required to go to medical school, but if not then I would definitely recommend taking this class.

Thanks,
Blake
0

0
It would be fine to take anatomy in college so you feel more comfortable during those early stressful weeks of medical school. However it is not necessary, as you will learn all the anatomy you need during anatomy class in medical school.
0

Rahul’s Answer

0
My first exposure to anatomy, happened while in medical college. The option to study it as part of a core curriculum (in the equivalent of a college), was not available to me. The earlier, that you are introduced to basic sciences, the better. By basic sciences, I mean the symbiotically intertwined disciplines of Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
0

Alireza’s Answer

0
Hi Jeff, very good idea, it would be very helpful if you wish to continue as a medical student in the future. Anatomy is one of the main subjects that medical students should learn.
0

Yasemin’s Answer

0
Hi Jeff, definitely take it! It will help you with medical school and the MCAT. It will make a large difference in your studies!

0

Dan’s Answer

0
Absolutely, you might not retain it for medical school but it will show you how to study and develop your mind further.
0