Will people at college think I'm weird if I do homework a lot?

6
6

Yasemin’s Answer

0
Hi Henry, of course not! Don't worry about studying a lot or keeping on top of your schoolwork! To be honest doing well in college is very important to your future grad school applications should you consider one and future career. It's important to balance life such as having fun with friends and finding time for the things you love but important to keep studying. I always studied in college and my professors even noticed my hard work and ended up writing recommendation letters for me for medical school. There is also many events and organizations/clubs to be part of where you can expand your horizons and meet people with similar interests as well. I was part of a couple events, but I also worked three jobs so maintaining my school work was crucial especially since I was busy on the weekends. Hope you enjoy college, you will do well! Don't forget to enjoy yourself every now and then!
0

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Henry,

Definitely not. If anything, they will probably want you to teach them your routine. Many new students have a hard time balancing homework and studying.

Thanks,
Blake
0

Riley’s Answer

0
Absolutely not! College is a time to have fun and grow, but more importantly, it is about gaining knowledge. I was able to fit all my homework in during the days on weekdays when my friends weren't really around to distract me. That way, when it was time to have fun on the weekends I was always present and my homework was already done!
0

Melanie’s Answer

0
Hi!

In short, the answer is maybe. The main point of college is to earn a degree and learn, so homework is included in that. Many people will respect someone who works hard, but not all people have that work ethic. A few might run their mouths, but remember, what you are doing is good and other people's thoughts aren't always correct. I am a senior in college working towards my Masters and a majority of what I do is homework. Being responsible with my education is what lead me to have a good GPA and considering that I have a chance at getting into graduate school. If your goals are to have a good GPA and potentially attend a graduate school, then working on HW a lot is beneficial. Social activities can be included in your time at college as well, just schedule your work and take it day-by-day.
0

Kristi’s Answer

0
People will think all kinds of things, but that is not important. You know what you need to do to make the grades in school, and you must do it regardless of what others think.
0

Angela D.’s Answer

0
Hi there! The short answer is "no" because the goal of attending college/university is to successfully attain your degree and that requires studying/homework. However, having said that, you will have the opportunity to explore cultural events, the arts, lectures/presentations outside your field, join student groups or organizations of interest, volunteer, etc. So, while focusing on your studies is very important, you should also view this as a time to stretch yourself socially as well as intellectually with all of the resources available on campus. Basically, you're supposed to have some fun along the way too! Hopefully this will turn into a desire for lifelong learning! Wishing you the best in your endeavors, Dr. B
0

Karen’s Answer

0
Hi Henry!

I don't think it's weird. You're doing your homework because it's part of studying. But I hope you also consider engaging yourself with other extracurricular activities and meet new friends. There's life other than studying so I hope you get to enjoy it.
0