how can i channel dancing into a career that makes alot of money.

3

I love to dance and sing. Sometimes I have trouble choreographing and I want to go to SCAD. #dance #college

3

Donavon’s Answer

0
This is a great question!

I think anything that you have a passion about can become a profit center and fantastic career...as long as you are willing to put forth the effort and do the work.

I agree with what has been shared here, education and experience are key! Do as much dancing as you can now. Learn. Fine tune your craft and keep moving forward to take in all that you can. Go to SCAD and discover the ins and outs of dancing. Learn the history of dancing. Engage in the intricacies of the craft...and sharpen your skills and passion.

Now...as you are taking all of this in, I would recommend watching others to find out where they struggle, why they struggle and how you can help them connect to this art form to which you are drawn. You could offer a service to authentically connect people to dancing and overcome some of the fears and obstacles that are holding them back. You can provide classes and courses to help people on the fringes connect to dancing and use it as an opportunity to impact their lives, the way that dance has impacted yours.

I think one thing COVID-19 has taught us is that there are plenty of opportunities to do classes and coaching digitally, this is something that you could easily set up and run from anywhere. This would be a great business model in that it would allow you the flexibility to work on your time, from any where you would like and with the ability to change and adjust classes as you see fit.

So YES: SCAD would be a great place to start...along with that why not earn some credits in the area of starting an online business and then build something that is both powerful and profitable!
0

Riley’s Answer

0
To begin, once you are accepted into your college (hopefully SCAD), a great way to get your foot into the door is just to speak to your advisor about it! College advisors are here to help you, and you will be assigned to someone who has a lot of knowledge about the career field you have chosen and will probably give the best advice that you could get. Until then, I would suggest to just keep practicing and learning as much as you can about your practice. Assuming you are enrolled in some sort of dance class, you could probably ask your instructor about different careers that they might have already pursued or thought about and what they think is best for you. One path that I thought of immediately is to pursue backup dancing or musical theatre. At first these jobs will not provide a lot of money, but if you continue to perfect your skills you have a good chance at earning a good amount of money!
0

Darin’s Answer

0
Well you know you want to go to SCAD the first thing you should do is visit SCAD website and research programs to study, request some information and look into getting in touch with a counselor who could answer any questions you may have. They should be able to help you in the right direction

Darin recommends the following next steps:

• Visit SCAD website, research programs and request information
0