What kind of activities/experience will be most crucial on an application for pharmacy school?
I want to make sure to participate in any internship/research/club activities that will be helpful for pharmacy school. #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals
A lot of schools have Pre-Pharmacy organizations too and you'll be able to work with students that are interested in the same field as you.
If you aren't currently a pharmacy technician or technician trainee, that is another great opportunity to start working around a pharmacy and exposing yourself to drugs before starting pharmacy school.
1. Any clubs or organizations that you are involved in or even held a leadership position in.
2. Having any experience in the field of pharmacy, like being a pharmacy technician.
3. If you have had any research positions in undergrad.
4. Ongoing volunteering.
5. Important hobbies that pertain to pharmacy.
It can sound like a lot, but pick a few that you think you are doing well in and stick to it. You don't have to do everything underneath the sun. Picking 3 of the most important things and doing them well is better then doing so much, but the quality isn't there. A great pharmacist is an effective leader and can effectively communicate with his/her team.
Great question! To get accepted to a pharmacy school, one of the crucial points that are taken in consideration is extra extracurricular activities.
1. Clubs/Organizations: get involved in any club that interests you, hold a leadership position in that club, organize invents/fundraisers/volunteer work.
2. On campus jobs: If possible atleast try to hold a position in student activities office, or be a peer mentor if your university organizes such programs were they hire seniors as peer mentors to assist freshman.
3. Health care related organizations: research if American Heart Association, Alzheimer's Association or American Diabetes Associates such as are having an event in your community, be a part of it, volunteer or even better help organize one.
4. Work: become a certified pharmacy technician, get a job at a community or hospital pharmacy and atleast have 1 year of pharmacy work experience, this will help you tremendously with your pharmacy school experience.
The quality that a pharmacist should posses are tested by this, being a leader, able to communicate with patients, inspire colleagues and be able to manage time well.