Courtney D.





Is there anyway to get a doctrine degree and take undergraduate classes at the same time?

I want to be an anesthesiologist but I don't want to be in school forever :( #college #doctor #doctorate-degree #anesthesiologist #medical #hospital-and-health-care

2 answers

Courtney, The become an anesthesiologist, you have to get an undergraduate degree first with certain prerequisites for medical school (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, etc). Then you have to apply to medical school (and hopefully get in). Medical school is 4 years long. After that you have to apply to an anesthesiology residency program (which is another four years). There is no shortcut. It comes out to 12 years of college, medical school and residency after high school. Hope this helps. Dr. Aaron
Last updated Nov 18 '17 at 09:49

Comment on this

Hi Courtney, To become an anesthesiologist, you will need to go to medical school for a medical degree, after your undergraduate studies. After that, you will have to complete residency. Have you considered becoming a nurse anesthetist? There is less education required for nurse anesthetist, but I believe that field still requires a graduate masters degree. Best regards, Herman
Last updated Dec 04 '17 at 18:36

Comment on this

Ask a new question Answer this question Follow this question

More from

Schools Add a school

No schools added.

Groups Join a group

No groups joined.

Follow Us

Ask a Question

Close form
By posting, you are accepting the terms of service and privacy agreement.