Is there anyway to get a doctrine degree and take undergraduate classes at the same time?

Updated Washington

I want to be an anesthesiologist but I don't want to be in school forever :( #college #doctor #doctorate-degree #anesthesiologist #medical #hospital-and-health-care

Herman’s Answer

Updated California, California
Hi Courtney, To become an anesthesiologist, you will need to go to medical school for a medical degree, after your undergraduate studies. After that, you will have to complete residency. Have you considered becoming a nurse anesthetist? There is less education required for nurse anesthetist, but I believe that field still requires a graduate masters degree. Best regards, Herman

Aaron A.’s Answer

Courtney, The become an anesthesiologist, you have to get an undergraduate degree first with certain prerequisites for medical school (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, etc). Then you have to apply to medical school (and hopefully get in). Medical school is 4 years long. After that you have to apply to an anesthesiology residency program (which is another four years). There is no shortcut. It comes out to 12 years of college, medical school and residency after high school. Hope this helps. Dr. Aaron