Once I complete my bachelors degree in business management, should I continue my schooling in the Air Force or not get any more school?

I am going to get a Bachelors Degree in Business Management with a minor in Aviation. I will be participating in Air Force ROTC also. #college-major #military #military-pilot

5

Johana’s Answer

Hello Parker,

I hope you are doing good. What I know is that you get education for free due to being in the Air Force, is this is correct, you should get advantage of it without leaving your work behind. Education these days are getting expensive, so if you get the privilege of getting this for free, you should keep studying.

Thank you Johana! Parker F.

1

Steve’s Answer

Hello Parker,

I think the bottom line is that it depends on what your future career goals are. I was in the military before I went to college. Since I was planning on leaving the military after my enlistment, I made the decision to take online college courses. Obviously, this helped me toward my future goals.

Unless the regulations surrounding education recently changed, I believe any classes you take while actively serving will be completely covered financially by the military. However, that is something you will have to discuss with your chain of command. The military can be a very demanding and stressful lifestyle. It may not always be in the service member's best interest to overextend themselves regarding commitments outside of the workplace.

However, in my personal opinion, any extra activities that you can effectively integrate into your military life will only serve to benefit you. Not only will you be advancing yourself, but will also set you apart from your peers. Don't forget that if taking classes during your time in the military is too difficult, there is always the GI Bill.

0

Joe’s Answer

Look at it this way. All of the benefits the Air Force offers (advancement, travel, training, education, etc.) are just that...a benefit. No one will force you to utilize any of the benefits available. So if you do not take advantage of the opportunities available, whom do you have to blame in the end?

Like attending a buffet with thousands of different food choices available and you leave hungry.

Bottom line...IF you want to continue your education then do so. I served for 22 years and the opportunities I desired and took advantage of were because I was motivated to do so. Figure out what motivates you and I am sure there are benefits and opportunities available to help you reach your goals!

0

Parker,

As a business major myself, and a current active duty service member in the Navy, I promote going to school and furthering your education once you get a firm grasp of your job and you are able to juggle the demands of each.

I have never been one for school and figured I would join the military to avoid it. I have done nothing but learn, take classes (military courses and traditional college classes) for the last 14 years of my career. I would recommend never saying no to something that will personally and professionally develop you.

Get everything you can from the military since they will take everything you are willing to give, and then more.

0