CSCP vs CPIM

Would you find an APICS CPIM certification, or a CSCP certification, to be more useful? Which is more in-demand by more employers? Which enables more career flexibility? Which most easily translates to project manager experience?

#manufacturing #supplychain #planning #logistics

6

Nathalie’s Answer

Hi Kumar,

I find that the PMI (Project Management Institute) offers the best certifications, their certificates are Internationally recognized and employers value a PMP certification on your resume. If you are looking for a career in Project management, I recommend you check out PMI.Org and the courses they offer. The PMP is widely recognized and provide excellent basis.
In my case, I completed a boot camp with a professional PMP course provider this taught me the PMI methodology and the trainer was sharing his Project management experience during the boot camp, which made the knowledge areas relatable (you may have PM experience by volunteering in your community for example, this isn't just on the job experience). I had previous PM experience on the job which helped me assimilate the theory by relating it to real experience, and I had the number of pre-requisite hours to apply for the test (the PMI site explains what is needed). I studied about 6/8 weeks for the exam, taking a lot of 4 hrs long simulations online; when I felt ready I booked my test and took the exam at a PMI approved Test center. I passed and this certification gave me the self-confidence boost I needed to apply for PM jobs. I did this while working in Ireland where I got a Program manager job once I got certified. I am now a Program manager based in the US, being a PMP is an asset for an international PM career. PMP works well with the Lean Six Sigma methodology which is also a sought after certification by employers looking for PMs. In the Lean Six Sigma register I recommend the Green Belt certification and Kaizen facilitator certification; both give you solid basis to enter the world of a PM.

1

Supply Chain, as a whole, has proven to be very important in the face of COVID-19. Navigating Consumer shifts between Food Service Channels to Retail Channels is amazing to watch.

Further Certification is important. Anything that a new Professional can do to gain better knowledge and marketability is key.
If you are interested in a specific Channel in Supply Chain, make sure to place that at the forefront of your Certification Goals.

Richy

0

Richy

0

Cliff’s Answer

CPIM is the only on that offers certification
How to earn the CPIM. Candidates must pass two exams within 3 years to earn the CPIM certification, and are required to maintain the CPIM designation every five years. Study with one of our flexible options: Classroom review courses. Led by APICS instructors through one of our 200 APICS chapters or 100 international partners.

0