Do you recommend studying abroad?

9

Allison’s Answer

YES! I would 100% recommend studying abroad! You not only expand your cultural knowledge, but you also gain a sense of self and independence that is hard to find elsewhere!

There are a few things I would keep in mind when looking at programs:
1. If you want to travel to other countries while you are abroad, are there big airports nearby? For example, I studied abroad in London, which is a wonderful hub to leave from to visit other places because they have a lot of airports and public transit options to reach those airports.

2. Is there an internship component of the program? My internship was my favorite part because I was able to completely immerse myself in the culture and meet so many AMAZING people, while also gaining real world business experience.

3. Are you living with American people or in a homestay? Your experience will be completely different depending on what you decide.

No matter what though, keep your mind open to new adventures and EXPLORE! It was the best semester of my college experience and I would highly recommend it everyone.

0

Javier’s Answer

Studying abroad is always a good experience, important to identify alignment with your goals and objectives so you take the best of the experience. Research is key to get the most of the potential destinations and if you will need a scholarship or any speciffic requirements so you are very clear on all the steps.
Compare and if possible get connected with former students to gain other insights to round your final decision.

0

Gabby’s Answer

Hi Daniela - my answer is YES!! Studying abroad is a unique experience offered in many high schools and colleges and I highly recommend creating a path where you can do this. I studied abroad twice in college. I studied business so I took an international business summer study abroad and also spent a quarter in France where I studied language, history, finance, and architecture. Studying abroad encourages you to widen your perspectives, meet new people, understand other cultures, and adventure in your free time. It was my favorite part about my college experience and I encourage you to find a program that fits your goals and pushes you out of your comfort zone.

0

Georgi’s Answer

Yes! Yes! and Yes!

I have studied abroad in London for 6 years. This completely changed the person I was for the better in every aspect from building my confidence to getting a better understanding on how the world works outside of our local community.

If you have properly researched the costs associated with the move, just do it! Even if 5 years from now you decide that what you studied is not for you, this will still be a great investment in yourself. I have never heard of someone wishing they stayed local for studies instead of going abroad.

0

Ritika’s Answer

I think studying abroad is a great resource. Living and learning in a new country gives you a lot of exposure into how the 'real world' works and its an experience that lot of future employers would be impressed with. Do your research about the different programs offered as you want to get the most out of this experience!

0

Cameren’s Answer

I 100% think that everyone should take a semester or summer term to study abroad. Not only does it give you the opportunity to travel while still receiving credits, it also gives you the ability to expand your knowledge of the world by immersing yourself in a new culture. I would recommend looking into your schools opportunities and finding one that will best fit you and your major. I studied abroad during the summer term in Madrid and can say it was the best experience of my life. Not only did I take interesting courses I was able to visit so many places I otherwise would have never gotten the chance to. So yes, if you are able definitely study abroad.

Additionally, make sure to look for scholarship/grant opportunities that your university provides for studying abroad. This will help offset the cost of traveling and studying in a different country.

0

EJ’s Answer

Yes! You should look for an opportunity to study abroad. It'll help you to be independent and also expand your view. It is not easy to study aboard for a degree - I studied abroad for my degree and was able to complete with great help with my family. So start with summer program to see where you are. You can taste what it's like to be in foreign country and will be able to decide if you want to continue. If it's too much for you, then you can come back after the summer. Studying abroad will give you deeper understanding for other cultures and make you better person. Research a lot about the place you're planning to go and make sure you'll be safe there.

0

Marica’s Answer

Yes! If you have the opportunity to study abroad you should absolutely go for it! It is a chance not just to see the world and travel, but to immerse yourself in another culture and connect with people you never thought you would.

0

Marica’s Answer

0

Javier’s Answer

0