How likely are big tech companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, etc. going to pay for my Master's education in Computer Science?

I am a high school senior about to graduate and attend San Jose State University majoring in Computer Science. I intend to attain a B.S. degree in my major with an emphasis in software engineering. I did some research concerning the degrees associated with my major and found that the average salary increase isn't worth the costs of obtaining a Master's degree. I've heard from some of my teachers that some companies are willing to pay for my education but I'm not entirely sure how many companies there are that actually do this. Even further, I'm not even certain if the companies I want to work for are willing to do that. I want to know so I can make the decision to stay in school for my Master's or just remain with a Bachelor's degree in the future. Thank you very much for your time. #computer-science #software-engineering #degrees #working-in-big-companies #financial-planning

Ray’s Answer

Have you considered getting a job after your 4 year degree, find a job to get some work experience, earn some money and then go for your masters? Alternatively you can do your masters part-time while working full-time.

All the Best!

Brandi’s Answer

Most companies that I have been employed by or have applied to have education assistance programs that will pay for at least a portion of it. Of course, they have requirements, like getting at least a C in your courses or taking a program that relates to your job.

Frank’s Answer

Fairly likely. When looking at benefits, you will be looking for "tuition reimbursement". Keep in mind, they cannot pay the entire thing. Last I heard, and you'd need to check, if they pay beyond a certain point, it becomes taxable income. So you usually get x dollars per year, so long as you keep a minimum of a B average. Note, you will pay first, and they will pay you back. Some will directly cut a check. But again, benes vary from place to place.