What type of math should I be taking if I want to be a aerospace engineer.

4

Typical engineering track mathematics would include: calculus 1-3, differential equations, and a semester to year of advance mathematics which involves a culmination of all the previous math courses you take. I would also incorporate a semester of linear algebra or probability/statistics which will be useful for other science based courses that is also required to graduate
1

Surina’s Answer

Hi Tayan! Classes you should take in high school in order to prepare for Aerospace Engineering are Calculus and Linear Algebra. If your school offers AP Calculus AB and BC definitely try to do that. Statistics is a nice class to have but not required for aerospace. Try to find classes that challenge your thinking and make you develop your problem solving skills, those will help a lot!
0

Jim’s Answer

Hi Tayan, as the others have stated, the math needed for Aerospace Engineering are Calculus and Linear Algebra. If your school offers AP Calculus try to do that. Sometimes, local colleges allow for High School students to take those classes if their schools don't offer them.
0