What Are Good Places For An Internship For Business?

I Need To Know So I Can Prepare For It #business

Jared’s Answer

If you don't know what you want to do in business, it's definitely a good idea to explore with internships as early as possible. You will get a different experience working for a large business from working for a small business. I would recommend trying to find an internship at a large professional firm if you can because it was a very valuable experience for me. You should try to figure out what the major industries are in your city and focus on those to start - it will help you make connections and expand your professional network locally. You can also try to base your internship off your interests.

Here are some suggestions:

• advertising agencies
  • law firms
  • logistics companies
  • publishing houses
  • media companies (TV, radio, magazines, etc.)
  • fashion houses
  • banks
  • research labs

Then you want think about the type of work you'd like to do. Do you want to intern for the marketing department? The logistics department? Design? Engineering? Legal? etc.

Rad’s Answer

Define which part of business you want to learn more about or specialize in. Then search companies or organizations in that are. For example what types of business are in the area you live in or go to school. I live near Austin, TX so Technology, Government, Music, and Outdoor Activities are very popular in this area. Determine what you want to do and then narrow it down within each type of business.