3 answers
Asked Viewed 67 times Translate

What type of degree should I get for going into mechanical engineering?

I am very interested in science and engineering and would like to go to college for mechanical engineering. #information-technology #computer-engineer

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you
100% of 4 Pros

3 answers

Updated Translate

karthik’s Answer

Mechanical Engineering jobs require a lot of responsibility, attention to detail, and technical know-how, but they are also very versatile, providing you with a wide variety of career options. If you can see yourself working in this exciting field, the path starts with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Updated Translate

Sachin’s Answer


Thanks for the question. Here is a link that provides detailed steps to be taken:

Hope this helps!

Updated Translate

Hassan’s Answer

I'd explore a Mechanical Engineering degree from University of Iowa which according to https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/university-of-iowa-02061 is Iowa's highest ranked Engineering school. I was surprised to see that they only have https://me.engineering.uiowa.edu/ 432 undergrads in Mech.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/mechanical-engineering-rankings has the Mech ranking for all schools but requires a membership to see the full list.

Thank you very much, it was deeply appreciated! Donny P.