What is the best advice you can give somebody to help them pick 1 career out of 3-4 choices?

As someone who is interested in sports analysis, physical therapy, and sports broadcasting, I'm not set on one of these careers. How should I narrow it down to my best option?
#career #sports #pt

3

Cameron’s Answer

I'd say the most important thing is to consider where you want to end up in your career and what leads you to that destination. Whenever I was trying to figure out what career path I wanted to take I considered what factors the career I choose would have on my life and many times that can lead you to where you want to be.

1

Viraj’s Answer

Choosing careers is always a difficult decision. See if you get any help from your school academic advisors, talk to a few people in each of the fields to get an understanding of whether the career is exactly what you imagined.

Also testing yourself in various entrance exams or activities involving the careers would give a you a better understanding of what you are really interested in.

0

One route you could take is to complete internships in your areas of interest. This will allow you to experience what those jobs are like and to see which is the best fit for you.

Also, I recommend taking some time for introspection and to write down why you are interested in each area. I would then take this one step further by researching different career paths for your areas of interest and then talk to people who have jobs you think you may be interested in. You will be able to hear their perspective on their career path and make a new connection at the same time.

Wishing you the best in your journey!

Rachel recommends the following next steps:

Research and apply for internship opportunities
Talk to people in your areas of interest

0