What job can I do when I am older that involve work in the office and confort the hurt people?

I would like to work in a big company to be a leader. Because I saw many leaders work in a tall building in the TV during I grew up. Even though they just an office clerk at the first time, through their own efforts, accumulate their work experience gradually, they have a broader field of vision and can handle the interpersonal relationship better. So I think that's very good. Another thing is sometimes I will comfort my friends when they were hurt. I can act with empathy, so I will stand in someone else position to think about problems. In many times, I would like to try some new things which I never learn. I think that is great for me and get more skills. Thanks for pay attention. #human-resources #helping-others

2

Deby’s Answer

Hi Yingmei,
You may want to research careers in human resources (www.shrm.org is a great resource), counseling (psychologist/psychiatrist, licensed counselor), social work, gerontology/elder care, or working with non-profit organizations. It really depends what kind of people you specifically want to reach out to. All of these careers require you to have good people skills, compassion, empathy and very good communication skills. Hope this helps.

0

Nico’s Answer

Hi Yingmei,

You can research jobs in psychology, psychiatry, nursing, counseling and social work - its wonderful that you want to help people and these jobs have the biggest impact! It just depends on HOW you want to help them. Do you want to help them overcome their problems through talk therapy? Psychology and psychiatry. Do you want to help people find housing and shelter? Social worker. Help people get off drugs? Counselor. Good luck!

0