career option for a commerce student except from ca

Hi Niti! Could you say what you mean by "except from ca"? Alexandra Carpenter, Admin

4
Pros
4
0

Segun’s Answer

Choosing a career or a particular course of study as the most sensitive thing in life...Before someone or an aspirant chooses a career,he must firstly consider this passion or interest for that particular career, having done that,he/she also needs to consider his or her intellectual ability, socio economic status and the likes...Those aforementioned factors are major determinants considered before choosing any career.. Back to your question,a student who wants to go for commerce must be mathematically oriented,he must be excellent in Accounting, Mathematics, English,Economics and computer studies...Thank you
1
Pros
1
0

Nadeem’s Answer

Hey Anji.

I was a commerce student just like you and I faced the same situation after my 12th grade. At this time I took an option that could lead me into difference business study related fields which could allow me to specialize my interests and passion.

I recommend you go for a safe Undergraduate programme like a BBA or BCom which is a 3 to 4 year programme course (depending on your College/University's courses structure). During the first 2 years you will learn the basis of different commerce topics, like Marketing, Finance (accounting), Human Resources, Psychology etc. In the 3rd or 4th year is where you will need to choose which field you want to specialize your undergraduate degree in and based on this selection your last year courses will be determined and you will be learning courses catering to this field. Do not worry, the first two years will give you a good idea and help you build your interest to choose your specialization field within my undergraduate programme . The typical specialization options are Marketing, Finance, Psychology, Human Resources but some universities do offer different variety of specializations, so do some research on the university before applying into these programmes.

I personally would choose Marketing or Finance as the main specializing field in your 4th year of the Undergraduate programme as they offer more opportunities for jobs and further studies like MBA, ACCA , CPA etc.

Hope this helps! Goodluck.
0

Justin’s Answer

Commerce itself is a category that is supported by almost every job function imaginable, including marketing, partnerships, finance / accounting, operations and public relations. Even within each of the functions, there are numerous different possibilities - as an example, marketing itself can be broken into specialties such as brand marketing, growth marketing (customer acquisition), among others. You'll want to think carefully and deeply about which path is right for you.

Another consideration is that where you start in your career isn't necessarily where you will end up. What opens up different career options is your ability to excel in your current role - when you show others how capable you are, you will naturally be called upon to take up new responsibilities and challenges that can lead to additional career options. In the earliest phase of your career, you should seek to learn as much as you can, work hard and search for more experienced people who can teach and mentor you. That said, it is incumbent upon you to do the hard work and to own your own career...don't expect it to be handed to you!

One last thought: while passion and interest are important success factors, it's also important to consider the things at which you think you can excel based on your skillset and areas of strength - being good at something goes a long way in helping develop passion and confidence!
0