What are some of the essential things learned from the study of child developmental psychology?

Asked New York, New York

Psychology is my set major I know I want going into college. Yet the aspect of child psychology is confusing on the courses that I will need to take, and I'm extremely curious. #psychology #child-development

Scott’s Answer

Updated Arlington, Virginia

Hi Desiree - I loved developmental psychology even though I don't really use it in my job. You learn a great deal about some of the things you see every day. Here are a few examples, why is a kids head so big? Why is peek-a-boo so interesting to little kids? How come kids are completely happy to sit next to each other and play and then one day the need to interact with each other during play? These are all normal developmental issues. It becomes more interesting when you start to study abnormalities and situations that can hinder that normal development.

In the end, I couldn't work with kids...I didn't want it to seem like a job to me. Now, I work in advertising and study psychology from a different angle. Pretty interesting stuff thought.

Good luck.

Scott

Thank you so much Scott this was extremely helpful.
Wow, this was helpful to me also.
Wow, this was helpful to me also.
I want to weave nutrition in child development. Is that ideal?