Dominique M.’s Avatar

Dominique M.

456

4

Compensation for Nurse and Teachers

How much does a nurse make compared to a teacher? If the difference is huge by how much? #career #teaching #compensation #social-impact

I am a former educator and can say that you will likely make more money as a nurse(depending on degree/certifications). If you were to become an RN, you can make a solid wage. And the more you specialize, the more you have potential to make.

My suggestion would be to follow what you want to do. Education and nursing are both rewarding, and in similar ways. For me, I couldn't see myself in medicine, so I decided education was the route for me. I determined I loved helping people in a non medical way. Now I help adults in the world of recruiting.

Last updated Jun 28 '14 at 05:33 PM

In PA teachers earn $25.000-50.000. It all depends on your degree in education and your experience. I am pretty sure, that nurses make much more money even from the start.

Last updated Jun 23 '14 at 03:33 AM

Stephani is absolutely correct. Everyday you are an educator and a nurse if that is where you go. You can make fantastic money depending on your location and specialization. Plus, when you are ready, if you still want to teach you can do that with better pay for just a little bit more schooling. One way to dip your toe in so to speak is to work as a CNA. Most community colleges offer the course over a semester with certification at the end.

Last updated Aug 30 '14 at 05:10 AM

I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but I do know that what type of nurse you are (RN vs. CNA etc.) can make a big difference in salary. Also, location matters quite a bit as well. I'd say you best bet for researching salary information would be Glassdoor.com. People will anonymously post their position and salary info and will give you a better idea of what the pay discrepancy is. I hope that helps!

Last updated Jul 18 '14 at 06:14 PM