I wan to become a doctor so I know I need to study hard but sometimes my motivation dies off a little bit :( Anybody that have unique ways of keeping themselves motivated?? (Please let me Know!! )

Asked Centreville, Virginia

I am the type of person who gets motivated really easily but that also dies out pretty quickly. I don't know if that is because I have't found something that I am really passionate about or it's because I might be as passionate about becoming a doctor as I thought I was. So if there is anyone that have unique ways of keeping themselves motivated please share them with me. Thanks, :) #student #motivation #motivational-speaking

Vivian’s Answer

Updated San Francisco, California

Hey Mary,

Wow, a doctor. Good for you. I'm scared of blood, so I basically knew I wouldn't make a good doctor. :D As for your question, I think we all go through that moment when you are excited about something and depending on the situation or experience, we lose a bit of it along the way. If you really want to see if you want to be a doctor, I would say maybe try volunteering at a hospital. This way you can see the day-to-day operations within a hospital. I'm not completely sure, but I think some hospitals have intern programs. You might want to look into that.

Another thing is, what motivates you to want to be a doctor? Do you want to save lives? Do you want to research new ways to fight cancer? Watch this video about why this person became a doctor: https://youtu.be/89aowrlN--k (Can't guarantee you won't bust a tear). Hope this helped. Good luck!

Dream big always, Vivian