Hamid W.’s Avatar

Hamid W.

921

28

What does the hospitality sector consist of and is a good place to work in?

I am a junior in high school. I am looking to apply to colleges next summer and just wanted to get a heads up to see what I was aiming for. #college #college-major #university #college-majors #hospitality

Hospitality industry in general includes, but not limited to; Hotel-Motel, Resorts, Restaurants, Theme Parks, Conference and Events, Cruise, Airlines and many more. The industry is evergreen and has a huge potential for steady employment. Many positions are well paying. Hospitality industry employs professionals from various fields of education. The best characteristic of the industry I like is; there is a lots of opportunity to interact with people. Perhaps liking people and your need to help others are pre-requisite. I have seen more simple people succeeding here. Next time you go out, please look around to identify activities hospitality workers are engaged in, understand common traits and notice buzz statements. I encourage to visit following websites that might be useful in understanding more.

American Hotel & Lodging Association - www.ahla.com Hospitality Today - www.hospitalitytoday.com National restaurant Association - www.restaurant.org

Best wishes for success,

Last updated Oct 19 '16 at 13:48

Hi Hamid!

Here is a site that will provide you with some helpful statistics and other helpful information. http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag70.htm

Last updated Oct 20 '16 at 19:54