Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Civil Engineering Civil engineering includes the design and construction of buildings, roads, bridges and dams. It is one of the oldest forms of engineering and involves further specialist areas such as transportation, water resources, surveying and construction.
- Mechanical Engineering Mechanical engineering deals with the application of mechanical power and the design of mechanical systems, machines and tools. Mechanical engineers require an understanding of a number of important principles including those related to heat transfer, energy, fluid mechanics and kinematics.
- Electrical Engineering Electrical engineering includes the study of electricity and the design of electrical systems like circuits and computer chips. Some of the areas electrical engineers might work in include telecommunications, electronics, signal processing and control systems.
- Chemical Engineering Chemical engineering uses science to process raw materials and chemicals into useful forms. Work by chemical engineers can lead to the discovery of important new materials and processes
- Aerospace Engineering Aerospace engineering involves the design and construction of planes and space shuttles. Aeronautical engineering covers craft that stay inside the Earth’s atmosphere (such as commercial planes) while astronautical engineering covers craft that leave the Earth’s atmosphere (such as space shuttles).
- Genetic Engineering Genetic engineering involves the manipulation of an organism’s genes. Genetic engineers directly alter genes using techniques such as molecular cloning and transformation.
- Computer Engineering Computer engineering combines computer science and electronic engineering in order to design computer technology from the very small, such as microprocessors, to the very big, such as supercomputers.
- Software Engineering Software engineering involves research, design and modification in order to implement fast, high quality software in a range of areas. Software engineers apply a variety of principles and techniques to computers and other products that use software.
- Environmental Engineering Environmental engineering applies various scientific principles and ideas to help provide clean water, minimize pollution and improve the environment. Environmental engineers work in a number of areas that can relate to air pollution, waste disposal, recycling, global warming, water pollution and other environmental issues.