Keiera J.’s Avatar

Keiera J.

46

1

Does having another language under your belt help you become more competitive in job hunting?

I am currently studying another language and wanted to know if it really makes a difference when searching for a future career. #foreign-languages #language-skills

Yes, 100%. Knowing another language is good for both you personal and professional life. If you can speak another language you have the ability to speak and interact with more people. You are also exposed to another culture and people. It opens literally a whole other world

Last updated Jul 15 at 21:57
Yes! Shows adaptability, student mentality/willingness to learn and companies have clients that speak foriegn languages. If one can reach a wider audience this makes you more attractive to emploers.
Last updated Apr 25 '17 at 20:01

Living in Texas? Most definitely! I'm in San Antonio, and cannot begin to tell you how many jobs I did not qualify for because I do not speak Spanish. Some jobs even pay you more if you are bilingual. I don't know about languages other than Spanish - I guess it depends on the job and location. I know Houston is much more multi-cultural than San Antonio. A second language is in high demand in the legal/law enforcement fields, as well as medical and customer service. What field are you considering? Kim

Last updated Nov 06 '16 at 01:16

Last updated Apr 25 '17 at 20:01