What does it take to me a logo designer?

I like doing logos but what does it take to become an actual designer? design graphic-design designer

2
Pros
2
0

Jean’s Answer

Jaylen,
Pursue graphic design. Learn Illustrator and other design programs. You are in NY and there are opportunities for classes at colleges you could look into on Saturdays, summer program, online. I wish you success and enjoyment in whatever you do!
0

Alwyn’s Answer

Hi Jaylen. Although being a logo designer is a worthwhile discipline within the field of design unless you’re like Paul Rand, Saul Bass, Milton Glaser, Tom Geismar, Ivan Chermayeff it may take you a while to get the kind of success that would make logo design on its own a career. Visit this site to read about some of the iconic designs that have created some of the most memorable and still in use logo designs. Consider the wider field of branding within design with its broader scope encompasses logo design as part of its overall domain. I suggest reading and learning about designers of the present and the past to no only gain knowledge but also in a self-driven way add to your education in this field.
0