I am pursuing a major in Public Health for my undergraduate degree, however I am also interested in becoming a forensic scientists. How could I pursue this?
I have been interested in forensics for a while, however I have decided to pursue a public health major for my undergraduate degree due to my interest in public health as well. I am wondering if there are any recommendations for becoming a forensic scientist from a public health bachelors degree. #forensic #forensic-analysis #forensic-pathology
In this link you can have the types of Forensic Sciences:
To become a Forensic Scientist you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree – get a degree in science (chemistry, biology, physics, etc.), but also take courses in math, statistics, and writing skills.
- An advanced degree – some jobs, such as psychiatrist, anthropologist, or pathologist require advanced degrees and specialized training.
- Good speaking skills – take public speaking; join the drama club, toastmasters, or the debate team.
- Good note-taking and observation skills – take laboratory courses.
- The ability to write an understandable scientific report
- The ability to be unbiased
- Intellectual curiosity
- Personal integrity
I hope this information can help you to make your choices. Good luck!