Is it a good choice to go to grad school for business?

I really don't enjoy the idea of being in school for a couple more years after undergrad but many people around me say that grad school is a good investment. Should I think about it? business

2
Pros
2
0

Paul’s Answer

When I first graduated, I had no desire to further my education. I got my degree, and I wanted to work, make money and buy things. Having an MBA was something only the elite, or drivers continued on to earn. I did not think I needed or wanted that. So I did not pursue it. But over time I realized if everyone competing for a job posting had a business degree, an MBA could ideally be a differentiating factor. And perhaps give one an edge. I was lucky in my job transitions over the years to land a job with minimal unemployment. So I never pursued or acquired an MBA. I think now though with more emphasis on education, having an MBA is more a given standard. And I think can be a factor when applying for a job. If demands outside work are minimal, continuing your education and earning an MBA might not be bad thing. Plus, companies many times have education reimbursement programs that makes it an easy decision.

All the best in your pursuit.

0

Rebecca’s Answer

If you plan to develop your career as an entrepreneur or in business, it is a good choice to advance your knowledge and skills via taking MBA.

However, I would suggest you take it after working for a few years. In MBA course, it is usually conducted by case study and class discussions. You will find it more beneficial if you have real life experience.

Hope this help!
0