what is a typical work day for a cook/chef look like?

2
Pros
2
0

William’s Answer

Hace,

Michael's answer is correct. A cook /hourly usually works their shift (8 hrs. ) and is focused on their station. A Chef/ salary is very different. You work the hours that are required for that day or week. You are most likely responsible for a department within the kitchen or the entire kitchen. I would say most days are at the least 10 hours. Many will be 12 or more hours. You will most likely 6 days a week.
1
Pros
1
0

Vickie’s Answer

I was a elementary school cook. My job consist of preparing and cooking breakfast for the kids then serving it. You then did the dishes and cleaned. After that you started preparing and cooking lunch for the day. After you served lunch you again do the dishes clean your area then you mop and sweep your area and take out the trash. I also got to run the computer and scan the kids lunch cards. I also had to inventory the freezer and stock room at least once a week. I enjoyed my job and loved interacting with the kids.
1
Pros
1
0