What tips can you give me about staying organized, while working, schooling, and proactive learning outside of school?

I am a full time college student, I am working part time, as well as trying to pick up programming at home. I find it very hard to keep everything organized and would love some tips. #college #graduate-school #organization #time-management #work-life-balance

3

Hi Logan,

My best advice here would be to draw out a daily schedule so you can compartmentalize your obligations and commitments into buckets. There are obviously fixed variables in this situation (your work and class schedule) so write those down. Then assess your calendar and determine when, during your down time, you can dedicate an hour or two here and there to homework, programming, free time, meals, etc. It's all about time management here and the best way to do that is to visualize each day of the week and see what's most feasible.

Thanks!

Mike

0

Heidi’s Answer

I would say having a good schedule that is organized and efficient would be a good start.  Make sure that is it is a schedule that you can handle and not be overwhelmed with.  Schedule time for relaxation so that you do not get burnt out.  Once you have developed a good schedule try to stick to it.  If something comes up that requires that you change it be flexible and try to schedule that missed item onto another day.  Hope this helps.

0