how many ap classes should i take in high school?

3
Pros
3
0

nancy’s Answer

If you have a rough idea of what you'd like to study in college, take AP classes that relate to that field because most likely (assuming you pass the exam) they will help you reduce the amount of classes you'll have to take. However, some universities only take 4 or 5, so look into that before spending all your money on the tests as well. Hope this helps!!
1
Pros
1
0

Gopi’s Answer

Good question and happy to answer as I went through this process with my son who is in college now and have another son who is in high school who are going through it. The short answer is having a well rounded experience in high school that will set you up for success in college. AP course offerings start coming in from sopho year and all the way through senior and it totally depends on the path you want to take. Typically you take maybe one AP in sopho and load up a bit in Junior and Senior year with a total of about 5-6 by the time you graduate. This will help with getting college credits and prepare you for whats coming. Remember that for every AP course taken you will have to take an AP exam that reflects proficiency in that course. Good luck!!!
0

Cameron’s Answer

Hi Hannah! There is no definitive answer for how many AP classes a student should take, but I think the average number is 4. I took 2 AP courses during my junior year and another 2 AP courses during my senior year of high school. You should choose which AP courses to take based on your interests and your ability to handle the more advanced material. The great thing about AP courses is that they prepare you for the AP exams that are administered by the College Board each year. Most colleges/universities accept scores of 4 and 5, so you can test out of some prerequisite classes in college or just get ahead on earning college credit!
0