How and when did you discover what career field you wanted to get into?

4

Pedro’s Answer

I think everyone's career path is different. Some people may know right away what they want to do and stick with it. Some people may be unsure and it might take them time to figure out what specific career path they want to take. I think it's important to remember that there shouldn't be any rush in deciding on a career path. It's important you choose what you want to do based on your interests and what really excites you. This may take some time, but it's okay!

I always wanted to do something related to business because that was what I was always interested in. I was interested in learning more about how businesses work, how they operate, and how they make money. Throughout college, I was indecisive between accounting or finance, but went with finance because that was what interested me most. Take the time to figure out what interests you most and if it fits you well. You might to have to try different things or have different jobs until you finally realize the right career path you want to take. Just always be open to new opportunities and with time, you'll be able to make the right career choice.
1

Chia’s Answer

The time it takes to find the "right" career will be different for everyone. There will also be times where people switch careers not because they didn't like the previous one, but because they also found satisfaction with doing something different. I switched majors at least 3 times while in college. I thought I wanted one thing in high school, another in college, and ultimately went on a path that I never would have expected if you asked me when I was 18 years old. More often than not, we don't know what we really want to do when we're in high school or even college. Through trial and error, self-discovery, and the experience of life in general, that is how I found my calling.
0

Marica’s Answer

Honestly, like many college students I fell into my industry. I knew I wanted to be in the field of finance and business and had big dreams of working in that field. As college was about to end, I was able to interview in the field of insurance and found that I loved it! I get a good balance of fun by building relationships and being able to be outside of the office as well as using my technical skills in the office. It's hard to decide on what you want to focus on when in college. I always say at least knowing a direction can help. Good luck!
0