25
Asked 1725 views

On a scale of 1-10 how satisfied are you with your career?

#career-choice #career-path #career-counseling #career

25

1

Sharan’s Answer

I'm satisfied with the career I chose. Even though I ended up in different career than what I studies, I feel like I chose the right job for me.
1
1

Dhairya’s Answer

10/10 for me. I love what I do. I am an AI researcher working a startup in financial technology space. I am fortunate to be able to have a job where I work on very interesting problems, have agency over the work I do and feel like I'm making an impact. Working at a startup is very different than larger companies. There is quite of a bit of uncertainty, a large learning curve in building a successful business, and a high degree that luck is on your side. But on the flip side, you get to work with closely with a small team, work on hard problems that wouldn't have access to in a larger company, and have great upside compensation wise you get in early enough and the startup takes off.

It's worth noting though it took about eight years before I really found my career. I made many mistakes and had many different jobs along the way. In hindsight, I'm glad I made those mistakes as they really helped focus me towards the work and environment I found most compelling.
1
1

Melanie’s Answer

7/10 for me. I perform project management for product/process launches. My day to day activities are constantly changing as I move from project to project. My career is rewarding in that I am paid well and have flexibility, but if I had the opportunity to start over, I would think really hard about what career would make me feel fulfilled. At this point in my life, I have a lot of responsibilities, bills, family, animals, etc. and I can't just leave my job to pursue something different. If I had no responsibilities (or limited responsibilities) I would do some self-reflection and try to prepare myself for a career doing something where I feel like I am making a true impact for something that I am passionate about. So, take time to figure out what you REALLY want to do and what kind of impact you want to make. If you are doing something that you are passionate about, it will make the long days/nights worth it.
Thank you comment icon 9/10 for me. I preform to be a Police Officer in Anoka MN. Because, becoming an police officer for me is I have to do training first before I become a Officer. Zander
1
1

Shuhaib’s Answer

I would give a 9 out of 10. I say so because, during my 8th standard, I wanted to become an Engineer as Computers and other electronic equipment really amazed me. I just kept a word Engineer in my mind but I wasn't sure which stream I should specialize in.
Post High School I still had Engineering fixed on my mind so I pursued my dream further by doing a Technical Diploma in Applied Electronics, while my friends from high school continued with usual PU degree( 12th grade). In Diploma or for that matter of fact, B.Tech, Engineering (In India) they are never completely focused on one particular subject rather we will be learning many other related topics, which is agreeable. So I have learned many different technologies but Computer networking and Communication was the one which caught my interest. So I completed my B-Tech as well in the same field.

I already had the career graph in my head and the directions to this road map was not a cakewalk. With hard work, focus, determination, and patience you can be anything you want to be. From 8th grade till now all my dream have come true there are many in my to-do list and I am still working on it. Whatever I am doing at the moment is giving me pleasure so I have given 9. you must be thinking after all this when I am at the place where I wanted to be in why I did not give myself a 10, the reason is, I would like give room for anything apart from networking security which might catch my curiosity.

1
1

Stephanie’s Answer

10/10. I'm a senior manager for a telecommunications company. I get to work with great people, learn new things, and be on the cutting edge of technology all while continuing to grow as a leader. I started out with the company a service representative and worked my way to where I'm at now. Being at a company that believes in me, encourages growth, and allows me to lead diverse people in varying ways is very rewarding and exactly what I didn't realize I wanted or needed until I found myself here.
1
0

Wendy’s Answer

Hi there, I would say that I am a 7 on a scale of 1-10 with career satisfaction. I do enjoy my work in the IT industry and it gives me the pay and flexibility I need to take care of my family. Although it is not my dream job, there are many areas in which I can realize my vocation and get the personal kudos and job satisfaction. I believe if you can't do your dream job, it would be great to receive key benefits in the job you currently have.
0
0

Shannon’s Answer

I love my chosen field. Its funny that I didn't choose it, it chose me! What started as a party time job in my late teens answering phones continued to blossom. I thought I wanted to go into law and studied to become a paralegal. It wasn't until I spent a full week in a law firm shadowing, that I realized it wasn't for me. I already loved going to work where I was at and so I turned my attentions toward studying telecom. I have never looked back! My advise to you is to find what makes you happy. Try different things, even if its just for a short time, so that you get a rounded picture of what makes you tick.
0
0

Thulasinathan’s Answer

Being very honest I would rate it 10/10. First to be fully committed to the career you choose you need to dig deep into your passions. Ask yourself what keep you motivated, would you do the job with same commitment and rigor every day you wake up? If the answer is YES, you are (close) to discovering your passion. It is not one, there could be multiple.

I discovered my passions in Customer Support, People Leadership, Creative Solutions & Improving Organizational Efficiency. All through my career I have been working with customers and to delight them whether I was directly part of customer support or software engineering.

Continuous learning of new skills aligning with your passions will keep you career enriched no matter whichever field you choose.
0
0

Kirti’s Answer

8/10 for me! Still trying to discover what I want to pursue.
0
0

janet’s Answer

8/10 in my career choice, it has allowed me interact with others, pursue education, and provide a great lifestyle
0
0

Nikshubha’s Answer

Hi, I work as a Network Engineer with Cisco. I find the job satisfying and would rate it 8/10. I started fresh and am still figuring out my career path.
0
0

Srinivas’s Answer

8/10 for me, Dynamic environment keeps me busy. Love what i do.
0
0

Rohit’s Answer

8/10 for me.
0
0

Cedric’s Answer

I love what I do because of the what I get to do. Each day I know what I do matters. I work as a supervisor and I get to impact the lives of my team members as they work to help customer across the US. It is important that I share with them each and every day just how critical it is especially in times like we are facing now to remember the impact they have on our customers.
0
0

Medhavi’s Answer

Its a 8/10 for me, I am a Technical Consulting Engineer and work in the field of Network Security. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY JOB! I get a chance to solve real life problems on a daily basis. No two days are the same. I work with people all around the world. I practically solve puzzles on a daily basis and I love puzzles. I work with an amazing team of people, many of whom I look-up to.

But honestly, I am in the early stages of my career and satisfaction is not what I am looking for right now, I would suggest you to look out for your interests, satisfaction follows. With time my interests might change, and hence my satisfaction with my job as well. In such scenarios, its my task to try to match them both. This might mean for me to shift technologies/ change roles / or grab a new certification
0
0

Ashish’s Answer

I would say 10/10. I had been working in the operations side of technology most of my career. First of all you get called in when something has gone wrong and there is hell lot of pressure on you to restore it. That pressure that adrenaline is just great, people make you feel like the issue is going to end the world(in my case the impact could be affecting millions of customer in a region/state/country) and you have to remain calm and composed thru all the panic talking going on.
First of all you have to be on top of the technology you are working on and with that you have to stay calm enough so that you can figure out the best fix for the issue and then should be able to have enough courage and conviction in your communication so that customer believes in you and empowers you to take the steps to fix the issue.
0
0

Racheal’s Answer

10/10. I'm a licensed Marriage and Family Counselor. I have a Ph.D I'm Counselor Education and Supervision. I have the skills to teach, provide counseling, Supervision and do research. I can build my career however I want and the variations are limitless. I respect the profession and have lots of colleagues thay I can consult with that makes it even more worth it.
The counseling profession is growing and becoming more impact full which shows longevity and prestige. I wouldn't change anything about what I have accomplished 😌. I'm grateful and happy.