What career should I choose?

Asked Salem, Tamil Nadu, India

Updated Nipomo, California

Hi Pravin

You have been given some excellent advice already. My only additional thought to consider is to gain insight into your natural strengths as a starting point in selecting your career. My favorite assessment is StrengthsFinder. The resulting report will provide insights into your true strengths and how they align with certain careers. This will give you areas to further investigate in finding the right fit for you. Best wishes to you.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

ramsha’s Answer

Updated Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Hi Pravin,

From my experience, I can tell you that choosing a career can be very tricky at times. I remember I was deciding between medicine and engineering. Now, I am currently pursuing a degree in biomedical and mechanical engineering and totally love my decision. I just want you to remember that you should consider your interests before choosing a career path. Talk to others who are already in the profession that you are interested in. This way, you will get a better idea about the profession in general and it will be easy for you to decide what you wan to do. I would recommend that you create a list of professions you are interested in and do research on them. If you have more questions, let me know!